Transform Your Outdoor Living Space with a The TV Shield Weatherproof TV Cabinet
Quick Specs Overview:Maximum INSIDE dimensions Width (44.8") Height (27.5") Depth (4.10")
OUTSIDE dimensions Width (49.50") Height (31.35") Depth (6.80")
WEIGHT: 39 LBS
*Please measure the outside dimensions of your TV or Display, or the planned TV, and compare to the inside dimensions listed on this page
Video: The TV Shield Installation Instructions
Enclosure Overview: Unit Protects 44-50" TV (most 50")The TV Shield® is a universal PLASMA, LCD, or LED TV enclosure that provides comprehensive water, dust, theft & tamper protection for most residential and commercial TVs and Displays. These weatherproof TV enclosures preserve and protect the TV, and provide an ultra-clear view of the television or flat panel display when closed, and when opened offer a direct view of the TV or display. Weather-resistant, lightweight, durable, secure, and affordable, The TV Shield was created by Florida residents and engineered for over two years to withstand hot summers and harsh rain in everything from tropical climates to harsh cold climates (with a heater). The unit is manufactured in the USA using a HMWPE High Molecular-Weight Polyethylene plastic case (an outdoor plastic built to last 20 years or more). The unit also features a guaranteed not to crack, thick, shatter-resistant front panel built out of ultra-clear grade Lexan® polycarbonate (the same material used in bulletproof glass, racecar, and spacecraft windshields). The TV Shield is secured with two metal chambered and keyed locks which prevent theft, tampering, and vandalism of your television. The TV Shield is also available paired with a TV in a complete outdoor TV kit. Our customers favor The TV Shield for TV protection over other TV cabinets and expensive outdoor TVs due to its low cost, install-friendly design, durability, water resistance, and security. Grab an outdoor TV enclosure today for your patio by the pool, the porch, your balcony, or even your business. PEC enclosures are currently used in over 38,000 locations in 53 countries.
- New internal mounting system provides additional rigidity, reduces installation time and requires no drilling Entire rainproof unit is sealed to defend TV against moisture intrusion and water damage, using our ExactSeal sealing system
- Thermostatically controlled 36CFM, 115V filtered fan system included
- Protective front panel props open easily for a direct view of TV
- Shatter-resistant front panel to defend the screen
- Dual high strength metal, chambered key lock system to protect your investment
- Windproof back housing manufactured with outdoor plastics that fortifies the TV or display against impact
- Two louvered vents with bug and moisture screens that prevent heat buildup and bug intrusion which could damage the monitor
- Rounded corners for child safety and hazard prevention in institutional environments
- Lightweight and easy to install
- Universal design that works with any standard VESA mount
- The TV Shield is a unique and patented design
- PEC units are MADE IN THE USA
Compare the outside dimensions of your TV or display with dimensions below:
Unit Protects 44-50" TV (most 50")
Maximum INSIDE dimensions Width (44.8") Height (27.5") Depth (4.10")
OUTSIDE dimensions Width (49.50") Height (31.35") Depth (6.80")
WEIGHT: 39 LBS
*Please measure the outside dimensions of your TV, or the planned TV, and compare to the inside dimensions listed on this page.
- .220 Inch thick, ultra-clear grade shatter resistant Lexan® polycarbonate front shield
- .250 Inch thick HMWPE High Molecular-weight Polyethylene plastic back housing, manufactured with outdoor plastic
- Two openings for cords and wiring with self-sealing grommets
- Two high strength, metal chambered and keyed locks
- Two louvered vents with bug screen (upgradeable for wash down facilities or unique environments)
- Proprietary "prop arm" system (one in each top corner) to keep shield open for a direct view of TV
Protects Displays, Monitors, and TVs from everything in any environment:
Water (Rain, pool splashes, sprinklers, wash downs)
Moisture (Condensation, dew, steam, humidity, dampness)
Dust (Grime build-up)
Tampering (Burglary, theft, vandalism, attempted destruction of product)
Pests (Bugs, insects)
High impact (Storms, branches, baseballs, flying objects)
Extreme temperatures (Hot and cold)
Other things you should know:
- Please note this enclosure requires a separate external mount for installation
- This protective TV case is not designed to be water-submerged
- Graffiti like spray paint can be washed off of the screen with special removal spray and dry-erase markers are usable on the front panel
- Thermostatic fans that click on at 88° and off at 78° are available for all enclosures and included with some models and kits
- Thermostatic heaters are available upon request (turns on at 41° F and turns off at 47°)
* Protective Enclosures Company, LLC will not be held responsible for orders placed for TVs or Displays over the listed specifications, and although we will accept a return, there will be a 10% restocking fee assessed, as well as the customer will be responsible for actual shipping and return shipping of the unit. If you plan to use an enclosure outside of the recommended and listed specifications, please make sure it will work for you before you order. By purchasing, you acknowledge that you have read and accept these terms and will hold harmless, PEC and all subsidiaries, business partners, and officers.
18 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I recommend this product to anyone looking to put a TV outside! It works great.
I bought my The TV Shield two years ago. Now I watch Pittsburgh Pirates baseball games every summer evening from my pool. In the attached photo, we watched the Rose Bowl at our patio bar in the snow. I live in Pennsylvania and my TV stays out year-round, through significant snow storms, subzero temperatures, blistering hot summer days. No issues. The product is as advertised. With The TV Shield, I avoided spending thousands of dollars on a weather-proof TV. I have an inexpensive 50” HD TV in my The TV Shield and I enjoy all the televised sporting events outside, like I am at the game! I recommend this product to anyone looking to put a TV outside. It works great.
Tuned my indoor TV into a. Outdoor TV
This was a great decision and saved me a lot of money. It is somewhat high priced, however when I factor in what it would have cost to buy an outdoor rated television, the TV Shield was the better choice. I was able to us an existing flat screen and it fit perfectly. The Fan was a must have add on, and I have already heard it kick on a few times, due to a built in thermostat. I only wish I had purchased the anti glare upgrade, because it is quite shiny even under my pavillion. All in all, I give it a really good review as it performs as expected and was not that difficult to put together.
Very Good Solution to make and indoor TV work Outdoors
I ordered the TV Shield last week and in arrived very quickly. My husband was able to put it together using the instructions included. We ordered the fan kit and it was already in the TV Shield when it arrived. We didn’t order any anti glare and I think I would highly recommend adding it. This TV Shield saved us so much money because we could use our existing flat screen instead of purchasing an outdoor rated TV that started at around 1500.00 and, if we ever have to replace the TV, we can still use our TVShield. The TV looks great and we are looking forward to using it this summer.
I installed this unit in a custom built cedar outdoor cabinet. The cedar cabinet is just for show, and the TV Shield is for go! I have had a 50" Vizio Smart TV in it since 2015 and it has weathered some severe North Texas storms. The Vizio TV still works like it is brand new. No need to spend $3000.00 on an outdoor-rated TV.
does what it's supposed to do.
The product works great . The plexiglass sags when lifted up and The holes in the plexiglass are a pain to line up. But for the price you can't beat it. I would definitely recommend the tv shield.
Best TV Enclosure on earth. Happy Customer. 5 STARS!,
Wanted a TV outside for years. Couldn't find anything affordable. Found The TV SHIELD. Almost thought it was too good to be true as the price was 1/3 of other full tv enclosures on google and 1/10 of an outdoor tv in a 46 inch size. Arrived 3 days after order. Called company, they answered and answered all my questions about what tv would fit. Mounted easily in about an hour. GREAT customer service. GREAT product. GREAT BUY! Very happy. Would recommend to a friend. They could charge more for it.
A few things in general. Great packaging, and broadly speaking, looks like a solid product. I haven't mounted it yet, but will be shortly. Should come with either (a) a power strip mounted inside the cabinet, But you can easily add one. So far so good though.
I recently purchase this product because buying an out-door TV was not an option, too expensive. Although a bit pricey, it does the trick, i.e. keep the TV safe from the elements. There is a couple problems though, the poles that are used to prop the front enclosure up can break at the ends because they are made of plastic, so be very careful not to install before you secure the TV inside or they will break. My wife broke mine (both of them) before I even began the installation process. The most difficult part of the set-up is securing the TV inside. If you are not handy you may have a problem. The last thing is if the plastic cover on the front is down (transparent door), the sound will be muffled, they should have installed additional air vents for sound. I leave the front open when watching TV, and close it when I'm not. Also it is a bit difficult to close the thing up because of its flexibility. You have to have patience because it is difficult to close it because of its flexibility, and not to mention locking it. All in all I would recommend it.
Great addition to my deck
Overall product delivered just as expected. Love the product and works just like I expect.if you want your tv protected get it.