Transform Your Outdoor Living Space with a The TV Shield Weatherproof TV Cabinet
Unit Protects 44-50" TV (most 50")The TV Shield® is a universal PLASMA, LCD, or LED TV enclosure that provides comprehensive water, dust, theft & tamper protection for most residential and commercial TVs and Displays. These weatherproof TV enclosures preserve and protect the TV, and provide an ultra-clear view of the television or flat panel display when closed, and when opened offer a direct view of the TV or display. Weather-resistant, lightweight, durable, secure, and affordable, The TV Shield was created by Florida residents and engineered for over two years to withstand hot summers and harsh rain in everything from tropical climates to harsh cold climates (with a heater). The unit is manufactured in the USA using a HMWPE High Molecular-Weight Polyethylene plastic case (an outdoor plastic built to last 20 years or more). The unit also features a guaranteed not to crack, thick, shatter-resistant front panel built out of ultra-clear grade Lexan® polycarbonate (the same material used in bulletproof glass, racecar, and spacecraft windshields). The TV Shield is secured with two metal chambered and keyed locks which prevent theft, tampering, and vandalism of your television. The TV Shield is also available paired with a TV in a complete outdoor TV kit. Our customers favor The TV Shield for TV protection over other TV cabinets and expensive outdoor TVs due to its low cost, install-friendly design, durability, water resistance, and security. Grab an outdoor TV enclosure today for your patio by the pool, the porch, your balcony, or even your business. PEC enclosures are currently used in over 38,000 locations in 53 countries!
- New internal mounting system provides additional rigidity, reduces installation time, and requires no drilling
- Entire rainproof unit is sealed to defend TV against moisture intrusion and water damage, using our ExactSeal sealing system
- Protective front panel props open easily for a direct view of TV
- Shatter-resistant front panel to defend the screen
- Dual high strength metal, chambered key lock system to protect your investment
- Windproof back housing manufactured with outdoor plastics that fortifies the TV or display against impact
- Two louvered vents with bug and moisture screen that prevent heat buildup and bug intrusion which could damage the monitor
- Rounded corners for child safety and hazard prevention in institutional environments
- Lightweight and easy to install
- Universal design that works with any standard VESA mount
- The TV Shield is a unique and patented design
- PEC units are MADE IN THE USA
Compare the outside dimensions of your TV or display with dimensions below:
Unit Protects 44-50" TV (most 50")
Maximum INSIDE dimensions Width (44.8") Height (27.5") Depth (4.10")
OUTSIDE dimensions Width (49.50") Height (31.35") Depth (6.80")
WEIGHT: 39 LBS
*Please measure the outside dimensions of your TV, or the planned TV, and compare to the inside dimensions listed on this page.
- .220 Inch thick, ultra-clear grade shatter resistant Lexan® polycarbonate front shield
- .250 Inch thick HMWPE High Molecular-weight Polyethylene plastic back housing, manufactured with outdoor plastic
- Two openings for cords and wiring with self-sealing grommets
- Two high strength, metal chambered and keyed locks
- Two louvered vents with bug screen (upgradeable for wash down facilities or unique environments)
- Proprietary "prop arm" system (one in each top corner) to keep shield open for a direct view of TV
Protects Displays, Monitors, and TVs from everything in any environment:
Water (Rain, pool splashes, sprinklers, wash downs)
Moisture (Condensation, dew, steam, humidity, dampness)
Dust (Grime build-up)
Tampering (Burglary, theft, vandalism, attempted destruction of product)
Pests (Bugs, insects)
High impact (Storms, branches, baseballs, flying objects)
Extreme temperatures (Hot and cold)
Other things you should know:
- Please note this enclosure requires a separate external mount for installation
- This protective TV case is not designed to be water-submerged
- Graffiti like spray paint can be washed off of the screen with special removal spray and dry-erase markers are usable on the front panel
- Thermostatic fans that click on at 88° and off at 78° are available for all enclosures and included with some models and kits
- Thermostatic heaters are available upon request (turns on at 41° F and turns off at 47°)
* Protective Enclosures Company, LLC will not be held responsible for orders placed for TVs or Displays over the listed specifications, and although we will accept a return, there will be a 10% restocking fee assessed, as well as the customer will be responsible for actual shipping and return shipping of the unit. If you plan to use an enclosure outside of the recommended and listed specifications, please make sure it will work for you before you order. By purchasing, you acknowledge that you have read and accept these terms and will hold harmless, PEC and all subsidiaries, business partners, and officers.
20 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
We had a 46’ Sharp Aquos TV that we decided would be a great addition to our backyard patio. I did some research on available outdoor weatherproof boxes and The TV Shield seemed to offer the best product. Since the cost of successfully completing an outdoor installation of a TV is not insignificant I contacted The TV Shield before placing my order with all of my questions. They responded within 24 hours, answering all of my questions and made some suggestions based on my location and the place adjacent to my patio at which we planned to install the TV. Once The TV Shield arrived we followed the instructions and the installation went flawlessly. A month or so after the installation I had to take the TV down to add external speakers and then re-install everything ibut that too went without a hitch. The only thing I would stress - which The TV Shield tells you but things can happen - is to make sure you plan out all the peripherals you might want to add BEFORE you mount the unit to the wall. That way you can add the required wiring to the appropriate jack on the back of the TV (even if you might not need it until well into the future) and avoid the need to later take the unit off the wall, install the additional wiring, and then re-install the unit. The TV Shield has been a home run for us. We highly recommend it.
I like many users wanted to place a TV outside where I have no overhead protection from the weather. I also didn't want to spend the money for an outdoor TV especially since the picture quality on most of them is inferior. I knew a vinyl cover would not be enough protection. The TV Shield shipped right away. Installation is pretty easy. I installed a 50" TV inside a 40"-50" TV shield and it is pretty snug. I was surprised that even though it totally encases the TV I still have adequate sound coming out of it without opening the front. The polycarbonate front is a little flimsy to prop up on that size so I keep it closed for the most part. It could be a little more attractive for my wife's taste but it looks fine and does the job.
Thanks! I’m sending a pic of the product in our new screened in porch. Looks awesome!
Love the shield and the customer service is terrific!!! We live in New York and the Shield works great in all weather!! Great value...We recommend it without qualification.
The TV Shield is up & running ! We love having the TV out in the porch & protected its awesome & we would recommend it to all! Thanks so much, great product.
We installed in our back yard behind our bar. We live off a canyon and get some pretty good winds blowing up that way so we bought the shield to protect our TV from the dust and wind and so far we have been very happy with it.
The cabinet is easy to install. This was a one day project including power and cable. It’s a great product and has been through several Midwest rain storms with no water issues in the cabinet. I have installed cabinet brands and this one is truly worth the money. I don’t know the owner’s, however had a couple of e-mail conversations and they’re excellent to work with providing first class customer service.
I’m very happy with your product, and my outdoor TV, which is facing a hottub, it is the envy of the neighborhood. The product works great and has protected my TV perfectly from the elements! Thanks!
We used 2 Two Shields at our bar in Athens, OH on the campus of Ohio University and the university staff loves the products for lunch time and the college students are raving about it at night during football games. Thank you TV Shield for making a quality product