Transform Your Outdoor Living Space with a The TV Shield Anti Glare Weatherproof TV Cabinet
Unit Protects 44-50" TV (most 50")The TV Shield® is a universal PLASMA, LCD, or LED TV enclosure that provides comprehensive water, dust, theft & tamper protection for most residential and commercial TVs and Displays. These weatherproof TV enclosures preserve and protect the TV, and provide an ultra-clear view of the television or flat panel display when closed, and when opened offer a direct view of the TV or display. Weather-resistant, lightweight, durable, secure, and affordable, The TV Shield was created by Florida residents and engineered for over two years to withstand hot summers and harsh rain in everything from tropical climates to harsh cold climates (with a heater). The unit is manufactured in the USA using a HMWPE High Molecular-Weight Polyethylene plastic case (an outdoor plastic built to last 20 years or more). The unit also features a guaranteed not to crack, thick, proprietary anti-glare shatter-resistant front panel built out of ultra-clear grade Lexan® polycarbonate (the same material used in bulletproof glass, racecar, and spacecraft windshields). The TV Shield is secured with two metal chambered and keyed locks which prevent theft, tampering, and vandalism of your television. The TV Shield is also available paired with a TV in a complete outdoor TV kit. Our customers favor The TV Shield for TV protection over other TV cabinets and expensive outdoor TVs due to its low cost, install-friendly design, durability, water resistance, and security. Grab an outdoor TV enclosure today for your patio by the pool, the porch, your balcony, or even your business. PEC enclosures are currently used in over 34,000 locations in 50 countries!
- New internal mounting system provides additional rigidity, reduces installation time, and requires no drilling
- Entire rainproof unit is sealed to defend TV against moisture intrusion and water damage, using our ExactSeal sealing system
- Thermostatically controlled 36CFM, 115V filtered fan system included
- Protective anti-glare front panel props open easily for a direct view of TV
- Shatter-resistant front panel (which is produced with PEC's proprietary anti-glare coating process) to defend the screen
- Dual high strength metal, chambered key lock system to protect your investment
- Windproof back housing manufactured with outdoor plastics that fortifies the TV or display against impact
- Two louvered vents with bug and moisture screens that prevent heat buildup and bug intrusion which could damage the monitor
- Rounded corners for child safety and hazard prevention in institutional environments
- Lightweight and easy to install
- Universal design that works with any standard VESA mount
- The TV Shield is a unique and patented design
- PEC units are MADE IN THE USA
Compare the outside dimensions of your TV or display with dimensions below:
Unit Protects 44-50" TV (most 50")
Maximum INSIDE dimensions Width (44.8") Height (27.5") Depth (4.10")
OUTSIDE dimensions Width (49.50") Height (31.35") Depth (6.80")
WEIGHT: 39 LBS
*Please measure the outside dimensions of your TV, or the planned TV, and compare to the inside dimensions listed on this page.
- 5MM thick, proprietary anti-glare ultra-clear grade shatter resistant Lexan® polycarbonate front shield
- .250 Inch thick HMWPE High Molecular-weight Polyethylene plastic back housing, manufactured with outdoor plastic
- Two openings for cords and wiring with self-sealing grommets
- Two high strength, metal chambered and keyed locks
- Two louvered vents with bug screen (upgradeable for wash down facilities or unique environments)
- Proprietary "prop arm" system (one in each top corner) to keep shield open for a direct view of TV
Protects Displays, Monitors, and TVs from everything in any environment:
Water (Rain, pool splashes, sprinklers, wash downs)
Moisture (Condensation, dew, steam, humidity, dampness)
Dust (Grime build-up)
Tampering (Burglary, theft, vandalism, attempted destruction of product)
Pests (Bugs, insects)
High impact (Storms, branches, baseballs, flying objects)
Extreme temperatures (Hot and cold)
Other things you should know:
- Please note this enclosure requires a separate external mount for installation
- This protective TV case is not designed to be water-submerged
- Graffiti like spray paint can be washed off of the screen with special removal spray and dry-erase markers are usable on the front panel
- Thermostatic fans that click on at 88° and off at 78° are available for all enclosures and included with some models and kits
- Thermostatic heaters are available upon request (turns on at 41° F and turns off at 47°)
* Protective Enclosures Company, LLC will not be held responsible for orders placed for TVs or Displays over the listed specifications, and although we will accept a return, there will be a 10% restocking fee assessed, as well as the customer will be responsible for actual shipping and return shipping of the unit. If you plan to use an enclosure outside of the recommended and listed specifications, please make sure it will work for you before you order. By purchasing, you acknowledge that you have read and accept these terms and will hold harmless, PEC and all subsidiaries, business partners, and officers.
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This TV Shield is legit. My husband loves it. He set it up outside on our deck the day it was delivered. Our order came quick and was packaged securely. The night he set it up, it poured down rain for 1 week straight. So much rain that even our basement flooded!!! When we checked on the TV, it was in perfect condition. No rain had gotten through to the TV and all was great. This is definitely worth the money! My husband had no problem putting it up by himself either!
I bought my The TV Shield two years ago. Now I watch Pittsburgh Pirates baseball games every summer evening from my pool. In the attached photo, we watched the Rose Bowl at our patio bar in the snow. I live in Pennsylvania and my TV stays out year-round, through significant snow storms, subzero temperatures, blistering hot summer days. No issues. The product is as advertised. With The TV Shield, I avoided spending thousands of dollars on a weather-proof TV. I have an inexpensive 50” HD TV in my The TV Shield and I enjoy all the televised sporting events outside, like I am at the game! I recommend this product to anyone looking to put a TV outside. It works great.
The case is nice but I wish it had entry ports on the side for access to the HDMI, AUX, etc. Every time you want to change the setup you gotta take the tv out of the case. The anti glare is average. It is not a good idea to prop open the glass if it is on a hanging mount.