Transform Your Outdoor Living Space with a The TV Shield Weatherproof TV Case
Unit Protects 36-42" TV (up to a 43" with prior measuring)
The TV Shield® is a universal PLASMA, LCD or LED TV enclosure that provides comprehensive water, dust, theft & tamper protection for most residential and commercial TVs and Displays. These weatherproof TV enclosures preserve and protect the TV, and provide an ultra-clear view of the television or flat panel display when closed, and when opened offer a direct view of the TV or display. Weather-resistant, lightweight, durable, secure and affordable, The TV Shield was created by Florida residents and engineered for over two years to withstand hot summers and harsh rain in everything from tropical climates, to harsh cold climates (with heater). The unit is manufactured in the USA using a HMWPE High Molecular-Weight Polyethylene plastic case (an outdoor plastic built to last 20 years or more). The unit also features a guaranteed not to crack, thick, shatter-resistant front panel built out of ultra-clear grade Lexan® polycarbonate (the same material used in bullet proof glass, racecar and spacecraft windshields). The TV Shield is secured with two metal chambered and keyed locks which prevent theft, tampering and vandalism of your television.
The TV Shield is also available paired with a TV in a complete outdoor TV kit. Our customers favor The TV Shield for TV protection over other TV cabinets and expensive outdoor TVs due to its low cost, install friendly design, durability, water-resistance and security. Grab an outdoor TV enclosure today for your patio by the pool, the porch, your balcony, or even your business. PEC enclosures are currently used in over 31,000 locations in 44 countries!
- New internal mounting system provides additional rigidity, reduces installation time and requires no drilling
- Entire rainproof unit is sealed to defend TV against moisture intrusion and water damage, using our ExactSeal sealing system!
- Thermostatically controlled 36CFM, 115V filtered fan system
- Protective front panel props open easily for a direct view of TV
- Shatter-resistant front panel to defend the screen
- Dual high strength metal, chambered key lock system to protect your investment
- Windproof back housing manufactured with outdoor plastics that fortifies the TV or display against impact
- Two louvered vents with bug and moisture screen that prevent heat buildup and bug intrusion which could damage the monitor
- Rounded corners for child safety and hazard prevention in institutional environments
- Lightweight and easy to install
- Universal design that works with any standard VESA mount
- The TV Shield is a unique and patent pending design
- PEC units are MADE IN THE USA
Below we have a description of each product and why we chose it for this combo kit:
1. The TV Shield 36-43"
The TV Shield 30-40"
This model of The TV Shield is designed for 36-42" & 43" inch digital displays and televisions. These weatherproof enclosures provide water, rain and impact protection for your LCD, LED or Plasma displays and televisions. Scroll to the bottom of the page for full a description of The TV Shield.
2. Adjustable Tilting Wall Mount
This is an Adjustable Wall Bracket for TVs with 15 Degrees of tilt. This Flat Wall Mount supports most 32" to 60" flat panel screen and plasma TVs up to 175 lb weight. This mount is UL Certified. The slim wall plate keeps the screen close to the wall for a very discreet installation that is perfect for boardrooms, digital signage, or home theaters. The back of the display sits about 2.5 inches off the wall when set in parallel. The mount includes simple to align brackets and a unique wall plate that can be mounted to various wall constructions including wood studs or concrete.
3. Fan Cooling Package
The recessed fan cooling system is built to continually filter hot air out of the unit pulling fresh cool air in and creating an air pocket between the screen of the TV or display and the clear front panel of the unit. The fan power cord has a built-in thermostatic control which turns the fan on at 88 degrees and off at 78 degrees to ensure that your outdoor display case stays at the proper temperature.
Compare the outside dimensions of your TV or display with dimensions below:
Unit Protects 36-42" TV (up to a 43" with prior measuring)
Maximum INSIDE dimensions
WEIGHT: 27 LBS (28 LBs with one fan)
*Please measure the outside dimensions of your TV, or the planned TV, and compare to the inside dimensions listed on this page.
- .177 Inch thick, ultra-clear grade shatter resistant Lexan® polycarbonate front shield
- .250 Inch thick HMWPE High Molecular-weight Polyethylene plastic back housing, manufactured with outdoor plastic
- Two openings for cords and wiring with self-sealing grommets
- Two high strength, metal chambered and keyed locks
- Two louvered vents with bug screen (upgradeable for wash down facilities or unique environments)
- Proprietary "prop arm" system (one in each top corner) to keep shield open for a direct view of TV
Protects Displays, Monitors and TVs from everything in any environment:
Water (Rain, pool splashes, sprinklers, wash downs)
Moisture (Condensation, dew, steam, humidity, dampness)
Dust (Grime build up)
Tampering (Burglary, theft, vandalism, attempted destruction of product)
Pests (Bugs, insects)
High impact (Storms, branches, baseballs, flying objects)
Extreme temperatures (Hot and cold)
Other things you should know:
This protective TV case is not designed to be water-submerged
Thermostatic fans that click on at 88° and off at 78° are available for all enclosures, and included with some models and kits
Thermostatic heaters are available upon request (turns on at 41° F and turns off at 47°)
* Protective Enclosures Company, LLC will not be held responsible for orders placed for TV's or Displays over the listed specifications, and although we will accept a return, there will be a 10% restocking fee assessed, as well as the customer will be responsible for actual shipping and return shipping of the unit. If you plan to use enclosure outside of the recommended and listed specifications, please make sure it will work for you before you order. By purchasing, you acknowledge that you have read and accept these terms and will hold harmless, PEC and all subsidiaries, business partners and officers.
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I recently purchase this product because buying an out-door TV was not an option, too expensive. Although a bit pricey, it does the trick, i.e. keep the TV safe from the elements. There is a couple problems though, the poles that are used to prop the front enclosure up can break at the ends because they are made of plastic, so be very careful not to install before you secure the TV inside or they will break. My wife broke mine (both of them) before I even began the installation process. The most difficult part of the set-up is securing the TV inside. If you are not handy you may have a problem. The last thing is if the plastic cover on the front is down (transparent door), the sound will be muffled, they should have installed additional air vents for sound. I leave the front open when watching TV, and close it when I'm not. Also it is a bit difficult to close the thing up because of its flexibility. You have to have patience because it is difficult to close it because of its flexibility, and not to mention locking it. All in all I would recommend it.
The product arrived quickly as said, I did have to pay brokerage fees (I am from Canada). Make sure you have all the cables attached to the TV that you plan to use because once the TV is attached to the Shield you are not able to attach any thing that is located on the back. The shield does provide protection and was easy to mount, I used a hinged mount so it could move around. All in all it does what it says, I am happy with the result overall.
Thanks! I’m sending a pic of the product in our new screened in porch. Looks awesome!