Transform Your Outdoor Living Space with a The TV Shield Weatherproof TV Case
Overview Specifications Protects Against Protection Notes
Unit Protects 36-42" TV (up to a 43" with prior measuring)
The TV Shield® is a universal PLASMA, LCD or LED TV enclosure that provides comprehensive water, dust, theft & tamper protection for most residential and commercial TVs and Displays. These weatherproof TV enclosures preserve and protect the TV, and provide an anti glare ultra-clear view of the television or flat panel display when closed, and when opened offer a direct view of the TV or display. Weather-resistant, lightweight, durable, secure and affordable, The TV Shield was created by Florida residents and engineered for over two years to withstand hot summers and harsh rain in everything from tropical climates, to harsh cold climates (with heater). The unit is manufactured in the USA using a HMWPE High Molecular-Weight Polyethylene plastic case (an outdoor plastic built to last 20 years or more). The unit also features a guaranteed not to crack, thick, proprietary anti glare shatter-resistant front panel built out of ultra-clear grade Lexan® polycarbonate (the same material used in bullet proof glass, racecar and spacecraft windshields). The TV Shield is secured with two metal chambered and keyed locks which prevent theft, tampering and vandalism of your television.
The TV Shield is also available paired with a TV in a complete outdoor TV kit. Our customers favor The TV Shield for TV protection over other TV cabinets and expensive outdoor TVs due to its low cost, install friendly design, durability, water-resistance and security. Grab an outdoor TV enclosure today for your patio by the pool, the porch, your balcony, or even your business. PEC enclosures are currently used in over 38,000 locations in 53 countries!
- New internal mounting system provides additional rigidity, reduces installation time and requires no drilling
- Entire rainproof unit is sealed to defend TV against moisture intrusion and water damage, using our ExactSeal sealing system!
- Thermostatically controlled 36CFM, 115V filtered fan system
- Protective front panel props open easily for a direct view of TV
- Anti Glare shatter-resistant front panel (which is produced with PEC's proprietary anti-glare coating process) to defend the screen
- Dual high strength metal, chambered key lock system to protect your investment
- Windproof back housing manufactured with outdoor plastics that fortifies the TV or display against impact
- Two louvered vents with bug and moisture screen that prevent heat buildup and bug intrusion which could damage the monitor
- Rounded corners for child safety and hazard prevention in institutional environments
- Lightweight and easy to install
- Universal design that works with any standard VESA mount
- The TV Shield is a unique and patent pending design
- PEC units are MADE IN THE USA
Below we have a description of each product and why we chose it for this combo kit:
Compare the outside dimensions of your TV or display with dimensions below:
Unit Protects 36-42" TV (up to a 43" with prior measuring)
Maximum INSIDE dimensions
WEIGHT: 27 LBS (28 LBs with one fan)
*Please measure the outside dimensions of your TV, or the planned TV, and compare to the inside dimensions listed on this page.
- .177 Inch thick, proprietary anti glare ultra-clear grade shatter resistant Lexan® polycarbonate front shield
- .250 Inch thick HMWPE High Molecular-weight Polyethylene plastic back housing, manufactured with outdoor plastic
- Two openings for cords and wiring with self-sealing grommets
- Two high strength, metal chambered and keyed locks
- Two louvered vents with bug screen (upgradeable for wash down facilities or unique environments)
- Proprietary "prop arm" system (one in each top corner) to keep shield open for a direct view of TV
Water (Rain, pool splashes, sprinklers, wash downs)
Moisture (Condensation, dew, steam, humidity, dampness)
Dust (Grime build up)
Tampering (Burglary, theft, vandalism, attempted destruction of product)
Pests (Bugs, insects)
High impact (Storms, branches, baseballs, flying objects)
Extreme temperatures (Hot and cold)
- This protective TV case is not designed to be water-submerged
Thermostatic fans that click on at 88° and off at 78° are available for all enclosures, and included with some models and kits
Thermostatic heaters are available upon request (turns on at 41° F and turns off at 47°)
* Protective Enclosures Company, LLC will not be held responsible for orders placed for TV's or Displays over the listed specifications, and although we will accept a return, there will be a 10% restocking fee assessed, as well as the customer will be responsible for actual shipping and return shipping of the unit. If you plan to use enclosure outside of the recommended and listed specifications, please make sure it will work for you before you order. By purchasing, you acknowledge that you have read and accept these terms and will hold harmless, PEC and all subsidiaries, business partners and officers.
15 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I have also seen it used now in some of my favorite Restaurants outdoor areas such as Morton's Steak House. I would highly recommend this product to anyone considering an outdoor TV.
I finished installing my new TV Shield a few weeks ago and couldn’t be happier. The product arrived as promised and the installation was simple. The instructions provided the guidance needed, and ensured no vital steps were missed or overlooked. The staff at PEC are very knowledgeable and always there to help you if need be. I personally worked with Brooke and she was outstanding thru the ordering process, she also assisted with a few follow-up questions I had, and did so in a timely manner. I did a great deal of research looking for the right enclosure; one that was priced fairly, but still offered the protection needed for outdoor use. Thus far the TV Shield has exceeded my expectations, and I would highly recommend it to anyone considering a cost effective solution for outdoor TV’s. Many nights have been spent by me and the family enjoying our new outdoor TV, many thanks to the folks at PEC.
I have owned the TV Shield since 2012, and I could not be happier with this product. It has protected my outdoor TV from the elements for the past few years, withstanding rain or shine. The enclosure has been exposed to heavy rain storms and the extreme heat of California summers. The inside has been completely free from moisture, and the (optional) fan helps circulate the air to keep the heat at a moderate level that doesn't seem to be harmful to the TV, even during extended exposure to harsh sunlight. The outdoor TV with the TV Shield is installed in my backyard above a hottub, making the best use of a small space and turning it into an oasis of relaxation. I also use the TV during hottub parties for entertainment. Watching TV during daytime with direct sunlight hitting the screen is always a bit of a problem, but in the evening it looks beautiful and brilliant. You might want to consider mounting the TV in a shaded area. Since the sound is somewhat muted through the enclosure, it helps to connect external speakers to the TV. I have wired the TV directly to the speakers in the hottub and to some outdoor speakers that blend with the landscaping. Overall I'm very happy with this product. It is low maintenance and requires almost no cleaning. I have attached an anti-glare film to the surface, which is supposed to make the surface more scratch-resistant during cleaning. Occasionally wiping the screen protector with a damp cloth and a mild dish soap is usually sufficient.
We give the TV Shield 5 out of 5 stars! I purchased the TV Shield as a surprise for my husband's birthday last year. We had recently finished our deck, and I knew it was a desire of his to be able to watch TV outside. The TV Shield is amazing! We experienced an extremely cold and snowy winter with frigid temperatures, and the TV Shield has performed to perfection. We couldn't be happier!
We have had the TV Shield for over three years and have never had a problem. The fan is still running and the same tv is still in place. Living in Florida with high heat and humidity has not had any effect on the enclosure or the tv. This is a much cheaper alternative to buying a weatherproof tv. We highly recommend both the product and the company.
The TV Shield was perfect for us. Neighbors had purchased Outdoor TVs, but they are so expensive - especially for larger units. I had recalled seeing an online reference to The TV Shield and checked it out again. It is the perfect economical solution for us. I was concerned about glare or muffled volume, but we have no concerns at all. Very nice unit. It has held up to the wettest and dirtiest conditions. We are very pleased with our purchase.