Transform Your Outdoor Living Space with a The TV Shield Weatherproof TV Case
Overview Specifications Protects Against Protection Notes
Unit Protects 36-42" TV (up to a 43" with prior measuring)
The TV Shield® is a universal PLASMA, LCD or LED TV enclosure that provides comprehensive water, dust, theft & tamper protection for most residential and commercial TVs and Displays. These weatherproof TV enclosures preserve and protect the TV, and provide an anti glare ultra-clear view of the television or flat panel display when closed, and when opened offer a direct view of the TV or display. Weather-resistant, lightweight, durable, secure and affordable, The TV Shield was created by Florida residents and engineered for over two years to withstand hot summers and harsh rain in everything from tropical climates, to harsh cold climates (with heater). The unit is manufactured in the USA using a HMWPE High Molecular-Weight Polyethylene plastic case (an outdoor plastic built to last 20 years or more). The unit also features a guaranteed not to crack, thick, proprietary anti glare shatter-resistant front panel built out of ultra-clear grade Lexan® polycarbonate (the same material used in bullet proof glass, racecar and spacecraft windshields). The TV Shield is secured with two metal chambered and keyed locks which prevent theft, tampering and vandalism of your television.
The TV Shield is also available paired with a TV in a complete outdoor TV kit. Our customers favor The TV Shield for TV protection over other TV cabinets and expensive outdoor TVs due to its low cost, install friendly design, durability, water-resistance and security. Grab an outdoor TV enclosure today for your patio by the pool, the porch, your balcony, or even your business. PEC enclosures are currently used in over 38,000 locations in 53 countries!
- New internal mounting system provides additional rigidity, reduces installation time and requires no drilling
- Entire rainproof unit is sealed to defend TV against moisture intrusion and water damage, using our ExactSeal sealing system!
- Thermostatically controlled 36CFM, 115V filtered fan system
- Protective front panel props open easily for a direct view of TV
- Anti Glare shatter-resistant front panel (which is produced with PEC's proprietary anti-glare coating process) to defend the screen
- Dual high strength metal, chambered key lock system to protect your investment
- Windproof back housing manufactured with outdoor plastics that fortifies the TV or display against impact
- Two louvered vents with bug and moisture screen that prevent heat buildup and bug intrusion which could damage the monitor
- Rounded corners for child safety and hazard prevention in institutional environments
- Lightweight and easy to install
- Universal design that works with any standard VESA mount
- The TV Shield is a unique and patent pending design
- PEC units are MADE IN THE USA
Below we have a description of each product and why we chose it for this combo kit:
1. The TV Shield 36-43"
The TV Shield 30-40"
This model of The TV Shield is designed for 36-42" & 43" inch digital displays and televisions. These weatherproof enclosures provide water, rain and impact protection for your LCD, LED or Plasma displays and televisions. Scroll to the bottom of the page for full a description of The TV Shield.
2. Full Motion Wall Mount
This high-quality, adjustable, universal full-motion TV Mount is designed for TVs from 30 up to 65 inches. It holds up to 143 lbs and is UL Listed. Enjoy free shipping and a great value!
3. Fan Cooling Package
The recessed fan cooling system is built to continually filter hot air out of the unit pulling fresh cool air in and creating an air pocket between the screen of the TV or display and the clear front panel of the unit. The fan power cord has a built-in thermostatic control which turns the fan on at 88 degrees and off at 78 degrees to ensure that your outdoor display case stays at the proper temperature.
Compare the outside dimensions of your TV or display with dimensions below:
Unit Protects 36-42" TV (up to a 43" with prior measuring)
Maximum INSIDE dimensions
WEIGHT: 27 LBS (28 LBs with one fan)
*Please measure the outside dimensions of your TV, or the planned TV, and compare to the inside dimensions listed on this page.
- .177 Inch thick, proprietary anti glare ultra-clear grade shatter resistant Lexan® polycarbonate front shield
- .250 Inch thick HMWPE High Molecular-weight Polyethylene plastic back housing, manufactured with outdoor plastic
- Two openings for cords and wiring with self-sealing grommets
- Two high strength, metal chambered and keyed locks
- Two louvered vents with bug screen (upgradeable for wash down facilities or unique environments)
- Proprietary "prop arm" system (one in each top corner) to keep shield open for a direct view of TV
Water (Rain, pool splashes, sprinklers, wash downs)
Moisture (Condensation, dew, steam, humidity, dampness)
Dust (Grime build up)
Tampering (Burglary, theft, vandalism, attempted destruction of product)
Pests (Bugs, insects)
High impact (Storms, branches, baseballs, flying objects)
Extreme temperatures (Hot and cold)
- This protective TV case is not designed to be water-submerged
Thermostatic fans that click on at 88° and off at 78° are available for all enclosures, and included with some models and kits
Thermostatic heaters are available upon request (turns on at 41° F and turns off at 47°)
* Protective Enclosures Company, LLC will not be held responsible for orders placed for TV's or Displays over the listed specifications, and although we will accept a return, there will be a 10% restocking fee assessed, as well as the customer will be responsible for actual shipping and return shipping of the unit. If you plan to use enclosure outside of the recommended and listed specifications, please make sure it will work for you before you order. By purchasing, you acknowledge that you have read and accept these terms and will hold harmless, PEC and all subsidiaries, business partners and officers.
15 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I work at a group home disturbed youth, so durability is our primary concern. The shield has survived our clients who can be quite destructive at times (on purpose!) I would definitely recommend this product to anyone seeking a high quality product to protect their televisions. Look no further, the Shield is it.
I purchased TV Shield Kit and it is amazing, living in AR the weather changes daily and I was looking for something that was Well made and would protect my TV from the Elements, I did allot of research before I chose to go with the TV Shield and I am glad I did, this one is very well made, was easy to install and looks great. TV Shield crew did an awesome job answering my questions. I would definitely recommend this to everyone, trust me you won’t be disappointed. The price is also very good compared to the others I looked at, and those weren’t nearly as well built as this one. A++++++++ Unit
Included fan could use a switch on the outside to turn on-off instead of plugging in to outlet and a longer cord for use when utilizing swing-mount support.
The TV picture is crystal clear through the shield and the protection has been everything we could ask.
I never miss a game in my patio and love the fact that the shield has kept my tv dry and safe for 2 years now. Best purchase I have made since putting in my patio. My neighbor is getting one soon too.
I've had the TV Shield for 2 years now and I rate it 5 out of 5! . My review is that it was easy to install and it actually keeps your tv inside protected from the elements outside. I've had mine through Northeasters and Tornado weather and the tv has been kept protected and is still working with no problems.
I'm an installer in Chicagoland. ..I just finished putting up on of your products it turned out nice
The TV Shield was easy to install with the instructions provided. The only issue that I have is if there is a need to open the screen; it is a difficult process, especially for one person. Other than that I believe it is a great product and I would recommend it to anyone considering an outside installation of a flat screen TV.
My biggest concern when purchasing was whether or not the audio would be too muffled coming from the side of the enclosure. To my surprise the sound quality is far better than I imagined and works quite well on my open porch. The screen cover itself is solid and if I have an extremely dry and clear day I will prop open and view directly to TV screen. But even when viewing through the shield, screen quality is fine. My last big prop for the company is how OUTSTANDING they are with customer service. I had a relatively easy question one weekend soon after installation. I sent an e-mail to customer service expecting to hear back sometime the next work week. To my surprise I received an e-mail back almost immediately from a senior member of the company. While we texted a few questions and responses, the member of the company gave me his cell phone and said to call if that made it easier. Wow!