Transform Your Outdoor Living Space with a The TV Shield Weatherproof TV Case
Overview Specifications Protects Against Protection Notes
Unit Protects 36-42" TV (up to a 43" with prior measuring)
The TV Shield® is a universal PLASMA, LCD or LED TV enclosure that provides comprehensive water, dust, theft & tamper protection for most residential and commercial TVs and Displays. These weatherproof TV enclosures preserve and protect the TV, and provide an ultra-clear view of the television or flat panel display when closed, and when opened offer a direct view of the TV or display. Weather-resistant, lightweight, durable, secure and affordable, The TV Shield was created by Florida residents and engineered for over two years to withstand hot summers and harsh rain in everything from tropical climates, to harsh cold climates (with heater). The unit is manufactured in the USA using a HMWPE High Molecular-Weight Polyethylene plastic case (an outdoor plastic built to last 20 years or more). The unit also features a guaranteed not to crack, thick, shatter-resistant front panel built out of ultra-clear grade Lexan® polycarbonate (the same material used in bullet proof glass, racecar and spacecraft windshields). The TV Shield is secured with two metal chambered and keyed locks which prevent theft, tampering and vandalism of your television.
The TV Shield is also available paired with a TV in a complete outdoor TV kit. Our customers favor The TV Shield for TV protection over other TV cabinets and expensive outdoor TVs due to its low cost, install friendly design, durability, water-resistance and security. Grab an outdoor TV enclosure today for your patio by the pool, the porch, your balcony, or even your business. PEC enclosures are currently used in over 33,000 locations in 44 countries!
- New internal mounting system provides additional rigidity, reduces installation time and requires no drilling
- Entire rainproof unit is sealed to defend TV against moisture intrusion and water damage, using our ExactSeal sealing system!
- Thermostatically controlled 36CFM, 115V filtered fan system
- Protective front panel props open easily for a direct view of TV
- Shatter-resistant front panel to defend the screen
- Dual high strength metal, chambered key lock system to protect your investment
- Windproof back housing manufactured with outdoor plastics that fortifies the TV or display against impact
- Two louvered vents with bug and moisture screen that prevent heat buildup and bug intrusion which could damage the monitor
- Rounded corners for child safety and hazard prevention in institutional environments
- Lightweight and easy to install
- Universal design that works with any standard VESA mount
- The TV Shield is a unique and patent pending design
- PEC units are MADE IN THE USA
Below we have a description of each product and why we chose it for this combo kit:
1. The TV Shield 36-43"
The TV Shield 30-40"
This model of The TV Shield is designed for 36-42" & 43" inch digital displays and televisions. These weatherproof enclosures provide water, rain and impact protection for your LCD, LED or Plasma displays and televisions. Scroll to the bottom of the page for full a description of The TV Shield.
2. Adjustable Tilting Wall Mount
This is an Adjustable Wall Bracket for TVs with 15 Degrees of tilt. This Flat Wall Mount supports most 32" to 60" flat panel screen and plasma TVs up to 175 lb weight. This mount is UL Certified. The slim wall plate keeps the screen close to the wall for a very discreet installation that is perfect for boardrooms, digital signage, or home theaters. The back of the display sits about 2.5 inches off the wall when set in parallel. The mount includes simple to align brackets and a unique wall plate that can be mounted to various wall constructions including wood studs or concrete.
3. Fan Cooling Package
The recessed fan cooling system is built to continually filter hot air out of the unit pulling fresh cool air in and creating an air pocket between the screen of the TV or display and the clear front panel of the unit. The fan power cord has a built-in thermostatic control which turns the fan on at 88 degrees and off at 78 degrees to ensure that your outdoor display case stays at the proper temperature.
4. Moisture Control Gel CaseWe have included this because the moisture control gel case absorbs moisture from inside the enclosure. This is a protective measure and very worth purchasing for your TV investment and protection.
5. Cleaner & Polish Combo KitThe TV Shield's & The Display Shield's front panels are made of ultra-clear polycarbonate. We feel that optimal viewing of your TV is going to be very important to you. Very simply this cleaner and polish kit helps keep the screen scratch free, smudge free and optically clear. The cleaner and clearer, the better your viewing experience will be. We highly recommend using this product. Also be sure to not use paper towels ever on your TV screen or The TV Shield screen as they generally are abrasive. Refer to your TV's instructions for optimal cleaning of your TV's screen. Do not use this cleaner or polish on your TV.
Compare the outside dimensions of your TV or display with dimensions below:
Unit Protects 36-42" TV (up to a 43" with prior measuring)
Maximum INSIDE dimensions
WEIGHT: 27 LBS (28 LBs with one fan)
*Please measure the outside dimensions of your TV, or the planned TV, and compare to the inside dimensions listed on this page.
- .177 Inch thick, ultra-clear grade shatter resistant Lexan® polycarbonate front shield
- .250 Inch thick HMWPE High Molecular-weight Polyethylene plastic back housing, manufactured with outdoor plastic
- Two openings for cords and wiring with self-sealing grommets
- Two high strength, metal chambered and keyed locks
- Two louvered vents with bug screen (upgradeable for wash down facilities or unique environments)
- Proprietary "prop arm" system (one in each top corner) to keep shield open for a direct view of TV
Protects Displays, Monitors and TVs from everything in any environment:
Water (Rain, pool splashes, sprinklers, wash downs)
Moisture (Condensation, dew, steam, humidity, dampness)
Dust (Grime build up)
Tampering (Burglary, theft, vandalism, attempted destruction of product)
Pests (Bugs, insects)
High impact (Storms, branches, baseballs, flying objects)
Extreme temperatures (Hot and cold)
Other things you should know:
This protective TV case is not designed to be water-submerged
Thermostatic fans that click on at 88° and off at 78° are available for all enclosures, and included with some models and kits
Thermostatic heaters are available upon request (turns on at 41° F and turns off at 47°)
* Protective Enclosures Company, LLC will not be held responsible for orders placed for TV's or Displays over the listed specifications, and although we will accept a return, there will be a 10% restocking fee assessed, as well as the customer will be responsible for actual shipping and return shipping of the unit. If you plan to use enclosure outside of the recommended and listed specifications, please make sure it will work for you before you order. By purchasing, you acknowledge that you have read and accept these terms and will hold harmless, PEC and all subsidiaries, business partners and officers.
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
So far so good! Installed this on a covered patio (I have an outdoor cover for the power box and had a cable outlet installed right next to it) with the main intent of having some "ambient" noise while grilling and/or yard work.
A few things in general. Great packaging, and broadly speaking, looks like a solid product. I haven't mounted it yet, but will be shortly. should come with either (a) a power strip mounted inside the cabinet, But you can easily add one. So far so good though.
So after wanting a TV on my deck for a long time but not wanting to spend crazy $ on a Sunbright that wouldn't even be secure I fell into the TV Shield. Ordered it on a Monday thru Kimberly and recieved it the next day. I was very impressed with the quality of it. Very well made and sleek looking. Next I found a mount that has a locking system that allowed it to be locked via a padlock. Pulled the trigger on a 42 led 1080p tv. Went with led because it has the brightest picture. Everything was here by Friday and was ready to install. The youtube video walks you right through everything and made the install a breeze. Ran a hdmi cord off my kitchen Directv box and set the remote to rf. It looks amazing and very secure with the locking system. Had a party of 20 people and people were blown away by it. You can open the front glass and have perfect picture and sound. Had a huge storm blow thru last night and not a drop got in. If your on the fence just pull the trigger its worth every penny.
I had been looking to complete my back porch but worried about florida rain. I went ahead and did research 6 months back and practically laughed myself out of the idea. Enclosures were about $1500.00+ and pretty much unavailable or custom built. Next was an outdoor television. I was shocked at the price tag. $4,500.00 for a tv? Ummmmmmm no. Next I was doing some searching and stumbled upon the tv shield. To my pleasant suprise it was a new product and I gave it shot. Upon arrival opened it up , read the install, watched the video and started installing my new samsung tv which I got for a steal price. Has wifi and everything. Loaded it up on the back porch and I use antenna or wifi to stream movies and shows. Theres a ton out there that you can do with wifi, just google how to stream with that. No wires showing and its great picture and totally protected. I sprayed down my porch with a high pressure hose and said what the heck give it a shot and watch how it goes. Sprayed all up in there. Not a drop. Next we had a practical monsoon roll through florida a few weeks back...since the tv is right at the edge of the porch it definitely got rain and probably some good 60mph winds. A few trees in the back conservation area fell down and well...again flawless. Looks good, was easy to install and work with. Barely added any weight. I highly suggest an led screen to compete with the bright outdoors, it also runs cooler and is slimmer which gives you more room to work with. As well got the tilt/swivel mount directly from the tv shield on their website so I can adjust to perfection. Cant tell you how fun it is to have a tv outside and when the weather cools down some in florida im going to be out there all the time watching the back porch. Its like I have another room now. Great product! Super happy! A+++++++