Transform Your Outdoor Living Space with a The TV Shield Weatherproof TV Case
Overview Specifications Protects Against Protection Notes
Unit Protects 36-42" TV (up to a 43" with prior measuring)
The TV Shield® is a universal PLASMA, LCD or LED TV enclosure that provides comprehensive water, dust, theft & tamper protection for most residential and commercial TVs and Displays. These weatherproof TV enclosures preserve and protect the TV, and provide an anti glare ultra-clear view of the television or flat panel display when closed, and when opened offer a direct view of the TV or display. Weather-resistant, lightweight, durable, secure and affordable, The TV Shield was created by Florida residents and engineered for over two years to withstand hot summers and harsh rain in everything from tropical climates, to harsh cold climates (with heater). The unit is manufactured in the USA using a HMWPE High Molecular-Weight Polyethylene plastic case (an outdoor plastic built to last 20 years or more). The unit also features a guaranteed not to crack, thick, proprietary anti glare shatter-resistant front panel built out of ultra-clear grade Lexan® polycarbonate (the same material used in bullet proof glass, racecar and spacecraft windshields). The TV Shield is secured with two metal chambered and keyed locks which prevent theft, tampering and vandalism of your television.
The TV Shield is also available paired with a TV in a complete outdoor TV kit. Our customers favor The TV Shield for TV protection over other TV cabinets and expensive outdoor TVs due to its low cost, install friendly design, durability, water-resistance and security. Grab an outdoor TV enclosure today for your patio by the pool, the porch, your balcony, or even your business. PEC enclosures are currently used in over 31,000 locations in 44 countries!
- New internal mounting system provides additional rigidity, reduces installation time and requires no drilling
- Entire rainproof unit is sealed to defend TV against moisture intrusion and water damage, using our ExactSeal sealing system!
- Thermostatically controlled 36CFM, 115V filtered fan system
- Protective front panel props open easily for a direct view of TV
- Anti-Glare Shatter-resistant front panel (which is produced with PEC's proprietary anti-glare coating process) to defend the screen
- Dual high strength metal, chambered key lock system to protect your investment
- Windproof back housing manufactured with outdoor plastics that fortifies the TV or display against impact
- Two louvered vents with bug and moisture screen that prevent heat buildup and bug intrusion which could damage the monitor
- Rounded corners for child safety and hazard prevention in institutional environments
- Lightweight and easy to install
- Universal design that works with any standard VESA mount
- The TV Shield is a unique and patent pending design
- PEC units are MADE IN THE USA
Below we have a description of each product and why we chose it for this combo kit:
1. The TV Shield 36-43"
The TV Shield 30-40"
This model of The TV Shield is designed for 36-42" & 43" inch digital displays and televisions. These weatherproof enclosures provide water, rain and impact protection for your LCD, LED or Plasma displays and televisions. Scroll to the bottom of the page for full a description of The TV Shield.
2. Adjustable Tilting Wall Mount
This is an Adjustable Wall Bracket for TVs with 15 Degrees of tilt. This Flat Wall Mount supports most 32" to 60" flat panel screen and plasma TVs up to 175 lb weight. This mount is UL Certified. The slim wall plate keeps the screen close to the wall for a very discreet installation that is perfect for boardrooms, digital signage, or home theaters. The back of the display sits about 2.5 inches off the wall when set in parallel. The mount includes simple to align brackets and a unique wall plate that can be mounted to various wall constructions including wood studs or concrete.
3. Fan Cooling Package
The recessed fan cooling system is built to continually filter hot air out of the unit pulling fresh cool air in and creating an air pocket between the screen of the TV or display and the clear front panel of the unit. The fan power cord has a built-in thermostatic control which turns the fan on at 88 degrees and off at 78 degrees to ensure that your outdoor display case stays at the proper temperature.
4. Moisture Control Gel CaseWe have included this because the moisture control gel case absorbs moisture from inside the enclosure. This is a protective measure and very worth purchasing for your TV investment and protection.
5. Cleaner & Polish Combo KitThe TV Shield's & The Display Shield's front panels are made of ultra-clear polycarbonate. We feel that optimal viewing of your TV is going to be very important to you. Very simply this cleaner and polish kit helps keep the screen scratch free, smudge free and optically clear. The cleaner and clearer, the better your viewing experience will be. We highly recommend using this product. Also be sure to not use paper towels ever on your TV screen or The TV Shield screen as they generally are abrasive. Refer to your TV's instructions for optimal cleaning of your TV's screen. Do not use this cleaner or polish on your TV.
Compare the outside dimensions of your TV or display with dimensions below:
Unit Protects 36-42" TV (up to a 43" with prior measuring)
Maximum INSIDE dimensions
WEIGHT: 27 LBS (28 LBs with one fan)
*Please measure the outside dimensions of your TV, or the planned TV, and compare to the inside dimensions listed on this page.
- .177 Inch thick, anti glare ultra-clear grade shatter resistant Lexan® polycarbonate front shield
- .250 Inch thick HMWPE High Molecular-weight Polyethylene plastic back housing, manufactured with outdoor plastic
- Two openings for cords and wiring with self-sealing grommets
- Two high strength, metal chambered and keyed locks
- Two louvered vents with bug screen (upgradeable for wash down facilities or unique environments)
- Proprietary "prop arm" system (one in each top corner) to keep shield open for a direct view of TV
Protects Displays, Monitors and TVs from everything in any environment:
Water (Rain, pool splashes, sprinklers, wash downs)
Moisture (Condensation, dew, steam, humidity, dampness)
Dust (Grime build up)
Tampering (Burglary, theft, vandalism, attempted destruction of product)
Pests (Bugs, insects)
High impact (Storms, branches, baseballs, flying objects)
Extreme temperatures (Hot and cold)
Other things you should know:
This protective TV case is not designed to be water-submerged
Thermostatic fans that click on at 88° and off at 78° are available for all enclosures, and included with some models and kits
Thermostatic heaters are available upon request (turns on at 41° F and turns off at 47°)
* Protective Enclosures Company, LLC will not be held responsible for orders placed for TV's or Displays over the listed specifications, and although we will accept a return, there will be a 10% restocking fee assessed, as well as the customer will be responsible for actual shipping and return shipping of the unit. If you plan to use enclosure outside of the recommended and listed specifications, please make sure it will work for you before you order. By purchasing, you acknowledge that you have read and accept these terms and will hold harmless, PEC and all subsidiaries, business partners and officers.
6 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I never miss a game in my patio and love the fact that the shield has kept my tv dry and safe for 2 years now. Best purchase I have made since putting in my patio. My neighbor is getting one soon too.
Included fan could use a switch on the outside to turn on-off instead of plugging in to outlet and a longer cord for use when utilizing swing-mount support.
The TV picture is crystal clear through the shield and the protection has been everything we could ask.
I have also seen it used now in some of my favorite Restaurants outdoor areas such as Morton's Steak House. I would highly recommend this product to anyone considering an outdoor TV.
I work at a group home disturbed youth, so durability is our primary concern. The shield has survived our clients who can be quite destructive at times (on purpose!) I would definitely recommend this product to anyone seeking a high quality product to protect their televisions. Look no further, the Shield is it.
I've had the TV Shield for 2 years now and I rate it 5 out of 5! . My review is that it was easy to install and it actually keeps your tv inside protected from the elements outside. I've had mine through Northeasters and Tornado weather and the tv has been kept protected and is still working with no problems.