Transform Your Outdoor Living Space with a The TV Shield Outdoor TV Case
The TV Shield Water-Resistant LCD TV Enclosure Overview:
Unit Protects 19-29" TV (up to a 30" with prior measuring)
The TV Shield® is a universal PLASMA, LCD or LED TV enclosure that provides comprehensive water, dust, theft & tamper protection for most residential and commercial TVs and Displays. These weatherproof TV enclosures preserve and protect the TV, and provide an ultra-clear view of the television or flat panel display when closed, and when opened offer a direct view of the TV or display. Weather-resistant, lightweight, durable, secure and affordable, The TV Shield was created by Florida residents and engineered for over two years to withstand hot summers and harsh rain in everything from tropical climates, to harsh cold climates (with heater). The unit is manufactured in the USA using a HMWPE High Molecular-Weight Polyethylene plastic case (an outdoor plastic built to last 20 years or more). The unit also features a guaranteed not to crack, thick, proprietary anti glare shatter-resistant front panel built out of ultra-clear grade Lexan® polycarbonate (the same material used in bullet proof glass, racecar and spacecraft windshields). The TV Shield is secured with two metal chambered and keyed locks which prevent theft, tampering and vandalism of your television.
The TV Shield is also available paired with a TV in a complete outdoor TV kit. Our customers favor The TV Shield for TV protection over other TV cabinets and expensive outdoor TVs due to its low cost, install friendly design, durability, water-resistance and security. Grab an outdoor TV enclosure today for your patio by the pool, the porch, your balcony, or even your business. PEC enclosures are currently used in over 31,000 locations in 44 countries!
The TV Shield TV Protection Solution Features:
- Entire rainproof unit is sealed to defend TV against moisture intrusion and water damage, using our ExactSeal sealing system!
- Thermostatically controlled 36CFM, 115V filtered fan system included
- Protective front panel props open easily for a direct view of TV
- Anti-glare shatter-resistant anti glare front panel (which is produced with PEC's proprietary anti-glare coating process) to defend the screen
- Dual high strength metal, chambered key lock system to protect your investment
- Windproof back housing manufactured with outdoor plastics that fortifies the TV or display against impact
- Two louvered vents with bug and moisture screen that prevent heat buildup and bug intrusion which could damage the monitor
- Rounded corners for child safety and hazard prevention in institutional environments
- Lightweight and easy to install
- Universal design that works with any standard VESA mount
- The TV Shield is a unique and patented pending design
- PEC units are MADE IN THE USA
Below We Have a Description of Each Product and Why We Chose it for this Combo Kit:
1. LG 29" LED-LCD TV - 16:9 - HDTV
This model of The TV Shield is designed for 19-29 (and some 30) inch televisions. These weatherproof enclosures provide water, rain and impact protection for your LCD, LED or Plasma displays and televisions.
2. Fan Cooling Package
The recessed fan cooling system is built to continually filter hot air out of the unit pulling fresh cool air in and creating an air pocket between the screen of the TV or display and the clear front panel of the unit. The fan power cord has a built-in thermostatic control which turns the fan on at 88 degrees and off at 78 degrees to ensure that your enclosure stays at the proper temperature.
3. Display Spacer Kit
This Spacer Kit is designed to allow you to set your Display or TV 2" further off the back of The Display Shield enclosure moving it closer to the clear front panel. You get better viewing, cooling and cable clearance in the back with this spacer kit.
Compare the Outside Dimensions of Your TV or Display with Outdoor TV Box Dimensions Below:
Unit Protects 19-29" TV (up to a 30" with prior measuring)
INSIDE Back of enclosure dimensions
These dimensions are for the largest TV you can use in the unit without our TV spacer kit.
Maximum INSIDE dimensions
These dimensions are for the largest TV that will fit into the unit with our TV spacer kit.
WEIGHT: 15 LBS (16 LBs with fan)
*Please measure the outside dimensions of your TV, or the planned TV, and compare to the inside dimensions listed on this page.
- 177 Inch thick, proprietary anti glare ultra-clear grade shatter resistant Lexan® polycarbonate front shield
- .250 Inch thick HMWPE High Molecular-weight Polyethylene plastic back housing, manufactured with outdoor plastic
- Two openings for cords and wiring with self-sealing grommets
- Two high strength, metal chambered and keyed locks
- Two louvered vents with bug screen (upgradeable for wash down facilities or unique environments)
- Proprietary "prop arm" system (one in each top corner) to keep shield open for a direct view of TV
Protects Displays, Monitors and TVs from Everything in Any Environment:
- Water (Rain, pool splashes, sprinklers, wash downs)
- Moisture (Condensation, dew, steam, humidity, dampness)
- Dust (Grime build up)
- Tampering (Burglary, theft, vandalism, attempted destruction of product)
- Pests (Bugs, insects)
- High impact (Storms, branches, baseballs, flying objects)
- Extreme temperatures (Hot and cold)
Other Things You Should Know About The TV Shield Weatherproof Plasma TV Cabinets:
- This protective TV case is not designed to be water-submerged
- Thermostatic fans that click on at 88° and off at 78° are available for all enclosures, and included with some models and kits
- Thermostatic heaters are available upon request (turns on at 41° F and turns off at 47°)
* Protective Enclosures Company, LLC will not be held responsible for orders placed for TV's or Displays over the listed specifications, and although we will accept a return, there will be a 10% restocking fee assessed, as well as the customer will be responsible for actual shipping and return shipping of the unit. If you plan to use enclosure outside of the recommended and listed specifications, please make sure it will work for you before you order. By purchasing, you acknowledge that you have read and accept these terms and will hold harmless, PEC and all subsidiaries, business partners and officers.
29 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I've had the TV Shield for 2 years now and I rate it 5 out of 5! . My review is that it was easy to install and it actually keeps your tv inside protected from the elements outside. I've had mine through Northeasters and Tornado weather and the tv has been kept protected and is still working with no problems.
The TV Shield was easy to install with the instructions provided. The only issue that I have is if there is a need to open the screen; it is a difficult process, especially for one person. Other than that I believe it is a great product and I would recommend it to anyone considering an outside installation of a flat screen TV.
I have also seen it used now in some of my favorite Restaurants outdoor areas such as Morton's Steak House. I would highly recommend this product to anyone considering an outdoor TV.
I have owned the TV Shield since 2012, and I could not be happier with this product. It has protected my outdoor TV from the elements for the past few years, withstanding rain or shine. The enclosure has been exposed to heavy rain storms and the extreme heat of California summers. The inside has been completely free from moisture, and the (optional) fan helps circulate the air to keep the heat at a moderate level that doesn't seem to be harmful to the TV, even during extended exposure to harsh sunlight. The outdoor TV with the TV Shield is installed in my backyard above a hottub, making the best use of a small space and turning it into an oasis of relaxation. I also use the TV during hottub parties for entertainment. Watching TV during daytime with direct sunlight hitting the screen is always a bit of a problem, but in the evening it looks beautiful and brilliant. You might want to consider mounting the TV in a shaded area. Since the sound is somewhat muted through the enclosure, it helps to connect external speakers to the TV. I have wired the TV directly to the speakers in the hottub and to some outdoor speakers that blend with the landscaping. Overall I'm very happy with this product. It is low maintenance and requires almost no cleaning. I have attached an anti-glare film to the surface, which is supposed to make the surface more scratch-resistant during cleaning. Occasionally wiping the screen protector with a damp cloth and a mild dish soap is usually sufficient. I highly recommend this product!
Love the shield and the customer service is terrific!!! We live in New York and the Shield works great in all weather!! Great value...We recommend it without qualification. Thanks so much.
Thank you guys again, you're an amazing company and have been great to us. We're really excited to get this thing installed!
I work at a group home disturbed youth, so durability is our primary concern. The shield has survived our clients who can be quite destructive at times (on purpose!) I would definitely recommend this product to anyone seeking a high quality product to protect their televisions. Look no further, the Shield is it.
I finished installing my new TV Shield a few weeks ago and couldn’t be happier. The product arrived as promised and the installation was simple. The instructions provided the guidance needed, and ensured no vital steps were missed or overlooked. The staff at PEC are very knowledgeable and always there to help you if need be. I personally worked with Brooke and she was outstanding thru the ordering process, she also assisted with a few follow-up questions I had, and did so in a timely manner. I did a great deal of research looking for the right enclosure; one that was priced fairly, but still offered the protection needed for outdoor use. Thus far the TV Shield has exceeded my expectations, and I would highly recommend it to anyone considering a cost effective solution for outdoor TV’s. Many nights have been spent by me and the family enjoying our new outdoor TV, many thanks to the folks at PEC.
The TV picture is crystal clear through the shield and the protection has been everything we could ask.