Transform Your Outdoor Living Space with a The TV Shield Weatherproof TV Cabinet
Overview Specifications Protects Against Protection Notes
MEDIUM Unit Protects 44-50" TV (most 50")
The TV Shield® is a universal PLASMA, LCD or LED TV enclosure that provides comprehensive water, dust, theft & tamper protection for most residential and commercial TVs and Displays. These weatherproof TV enclosures preserve and protect the TV, and provide an ultra-clear view of the television or flat panel display when closed, and when opened offer a direct view of the TV or display. Weather-resistant, lightweight, durable, secure and affordable, The TV Shield was created by Florida residents and engineered for over two years to withstand hot summers and harsh rain in everything from tropical climates, to harsh cold climates (with heater). The unit is manufactured in the USA using a HMWPE High Molecular-Weight Polyethylene plastic case (an outdoor plastic built to last 20 years or more). The unit also features a guaranteed not to crack, thick, shatter-resistant front panel built out of ultra-clear grade Lexan® polycarbonate (the same material used in bullet proof glass, racecar and spacecraft windshields). The TV Shield is secured with two metal chambered and keyed locks which prevent theft, tampering and vandalism of your television.
The TV Shield is also available paired with a TV in a complete outdoor TV kit. Our customers favor The TV Shield for TV protection over other TV cabinets and expensive outdoor TVs due to its low cost, install friendly design, durability, water-resistance and security. Grab an outdoor TV enclosure today for your patio by the pool, the porch, your balcony, or even your business. PEC enclosures are currently used in over 31,000 locations in 44 countries!
- New internal mounting system provides additional rigidity, reduces installation time and requires no drilling
- Entire rainproof unit is sealed to defend TV against moisture intrusion and water damage, using our ExactSeal sealing system
- Thermostatically controlled 36CFM, 115V filtered fan system included
- Protective front panel props open easily for a direct view of TV
- Shatter-resistant front panel to defend the screen
- Dual high strength metal, chambered key lock system to protect your investment
- Windproof back housing manufactured with outdoor plastics that fortifies the TV or display against impact
- Two louvered vents with bug and moisture screen that prevent heat buildup and bug intrusion which could damage the monitor
- Rounded corners for child safety and hazard prevention in institutional environments
- Lightweight and easy to install
- Universal design that works with any standard VESA mount
- The TV Shield is a unique and patent pending design
- PEC units are MADE IN THE USA
Below we have a description of each product and why we chose it for this combo kit:
1. The TV Shield 44-50"
This model of The TV Shield is designed for 44-50" digital displays and televisions. These weatherproof enclosures provide water, rain and impact protection for your LCD, LED or Plasma displays and televisions. Scroll to the bottom of the page for full a description of The TV Shield.
2. Adjustable Tilting & Swivel Wall Mount
The FMMPMD 110 CB15 adjustable universal Full motion mount is designed for large flat panel displays up to 95" and it holds up to 250 lbs. This is the ideal mount for our 44-50" and 50-60" The TV Shield, The Display Shield and The TV Shield PRO units with a Tilt range of -15 to +15 degrees. Wall attachment is to two wood studs up to 16" apart or brick/solid concrete walls
3. Fan Cooling Package
The recessed fan cooling system is built to continually filter hot air out of the unit pulling fresh cool air in and creating an air pocket between the screen of the TV or display and the clear front panel of the unit. The fan power cord has a built-in thermostatic control which turns the fan on at 88 degrees and off at 78 degrees to ensure that your outdoor display case stays at the proper temperature.
Compare the outside dimensions of your TV or display with dimensions below:
Unit Protects 44-50" TV (most 50")
Maximum INSIDE dimensions Width (44.8") Height (27.5") Depth (4.10")
OUTSIDE dimensions Width (49.50") Height (31.35") Depth (6.80")
WEIGHT: 39 LBS
*Please measure the outside dimensions of your TV, or the planned TV, and compare to the inside dimensions listed on this page.
- .220 Inch thick, ultra-clear grade shatter resistant Lexan® polycarbonate front shield
- .250 Inch thick HMWPE High Molecular-weight Polyethylene plastic back housing, manufactured with outdoor plastic
- Two openings for cords and wiring with self-sealing grommets
- Two high strength, metal chambered and keyed locks
- Two louvered vents with bug screen (upgradeable for wash down facilities or unique environments)
- Proprietary "prop arm" system (one in each top corner) to keep shield open for a direct view of TV
Protects Displays, Monitors and TVs from everything in any environment:
- Water (Rain, pool splashes, sprinklers, wash downs)
- Moisture (Condensation, dew, steam, humidity, dampness)
- Dust (Grime build up)
- Tampering (Burglary, theft, vandalism, attempted destruction of product)
- Pests (Bugs, insects)
- High impact (Storms, branches, baseballs, flying objects)
- Extreme temperatures (Hot and cold)
Other things you should know:
- This protective TV case is not designed to be water-submerged
- Thermostatic fans that click on at 88° and off at 78° are available for all enclosures, and included with some models and kits
- Thermostatic heaters are available upon request (turns on at 41° F and turns off at 47°)
* Protective Enclosures Company, LLC will not be held responsible for orders placed for TV's or Displays over the listed specifications, and although we will accept a return, there will be a 10% restocking fee assessed, as well as the customer will be responsible for actual shipping and return shipping of the unit. If you plan to use enclosure outside of the recommended and listed specifications, please make sure it will work for you before you order. By purchasing, you acknowledge that you have read and accept these terms and will hold harmless, PEC and all subsidiaries, business partners and officers.
12 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Love the shield and the customer service is terrific!!! We live in New York and the Shield works great in all weather!! Great value...We recommend it without qualification. Thanks so much.
Wanted a TV outside for years. Couldn't find anything affordable. Found The TV SHIELD. Almost thought it was too good to be true as the price was 1/3 of other full tv enclosures on google and 1/10 of an outdoor tv in a 46 inch size. Arrived 3 days after order. Called company, they answered and answered all my questions about what tv would fit. Mounted easily in about an hour. GREAT customer service. GREAT product. GREAT BUY! Very happy. Would recommend to a friend. They could charge more for it.
I had been looking to complete my back porch but worried about florida rain. I went ahead and did research 6 months back and practically laughed myself out of the idea. Enclosures were about $1500.00+ and pretty much unavailable or custom built. Next was an outdoor television. I was shocked at the price tag. $4,500.00 for a tv? Ummmmmmm no. Next I was doing some searching and stumbled upon the tv shield. To my pleasant suprise it was a new product and I gave it shot. Upon arrival opened it up , read the install, watched the video and started installing my new samsung tv which I got for a steal price. Has wifi and everything. Loaded it up on the back porch and I use antenna or wifi to stream movies and shows. Theres a ton out there that you can do with wifi, just google how to stream with that. No wires showing and its great picture and totally protected. I sprayed down my porch with a high pressure hose and said what the heck give it a shot and watch how it goes. Sprayed all up in there. Not a drop. Next we had a practical monsoon roll through florida a few weeks back...since the tv is right at the edge of the porch it definitely got rain and probably some good 60mph winds. A few trees in the back conservation area fell down and well...again flawless. Looks good, was easy to install and work with. Barely added any weight. I highly suggest an led screen to compete with the bright outdoors, it also runs cooler and is slimmer which gives you more room to work with. As well got the tilt/swivel mount directly from the tv shield on their website so I can adjust to perfection. Cant tell you how fun it is to have a tv outside and when the weather cools down some in florida im going to be out there all the time watching the back porch. Its like I have another room now. Great product! Super happy! A+++++++
So after wanting a TV on my deck for a long time but not wanting to spend crazy $ on a Sunbright that wouldn't even be secure I fell into the TV Shield. Ordered it on a Monday thru Kimberly and recieved it the next day. I was very impressed with the quality of it. Very well made and sleek looking. Next I found a mount that has a locking system that allowed it to be locked via a padlock. Pulled the trigger on a 42 led 1080p tv. Went with led because it has the brightest picture. Everything was here by Friday and was ready to install. The youtube video walks you right through everything and made the install a breeze. Ran a hdmi cord off my kitchen Directv box and set the remote to rf. It looks amazing and very secure with the locking system. Had a party of 20 people and people were blown away by it. You can open the front glass and have perfect picture and sound. Had a huge storm blow thru last night and not a drop got in. If your on the fence just pull the trigger its worth every penny.
So far so good! Installed this on a covered patio (I have an outdoor cover for the power box and had a cable outlet installed right next to it) with the main intent of having some "ambient" noise while grilling and/or yard work.
So far I have been using The TV Shield to house TV’s in a school gym. As we know PE classes are full of students looking to blow off some steam. Well the shield has protected my TV’s from flying basketballs, volleyballs and any other items flying through the air. When I use them during my game for various things…you cannot even tell there is a shield in front of the TV. It looks great!
We put this out on our back deck in our restaurant. It’s been a great addition and customers love watching the games, mostly Red Sox.
I have had very good luck with my TV Shield. Keeps the TV nice and dry good investment.
Overall, the tv shield does exactly what it says it does, and it does it well. Thanks again for a great product.