Transform Your Outdoor Living Space with a The TV Shield Outdoor TV Case
The TV Shield Water-Resistant LCD TV Enclosure Overview:
Unit Protects 19-29" TV (up to a 30" with prior measuring)
The TV Shield® is a universal PLASMA, LCD, or LED TV enclosure that provides comprehensive water, dust, theft & tamper protection for most residential and commercial TVs and Displays. These weatherproof TV enclosures preserve and protect the TV, and provide an ultra-clear view of the television or flat panel display when closed, and when opened offer a direct view of the TV or display. Weather-resistant, lightweight, durable, secure, and affordable, The TV Shield was created by Florida residents and engineered for over two years to withstand hot summers and harsh rain in everything from tropical climates to harsh cold climates (with a heater). The unit is manufactured in the USA using a HMWPE High Molecular-Weight Polyethylene plastic case (an outdoor plastic built to last 20 years or more). The unit also features a guaranteed not to crack, thick, shatter-resistant front panel built out of ultra-clear grade Lexan® polycarbonate (the same material used in bulletproof glass, racecar, and spacecraft windshields). The TV Shield is secured with two metal chambered and keyed locks which prevent theft, tampering, and vandalism of your television.
The TV Shield is also available paired with a TV in a complete outdoor TV kit. Our customers favor The TV Shield for TV protection over other TV cabinets and expensive outdoor TVs due to its low cost, install-friendly design, durability, water resistance, and security. Grab an outdoor TV enclosure today for your patio by the pool, the porch, your balcony, or even your business. PEC enclosures are currently used in over 34,000 locations in 50 countries!
The TV Shield TV Protection Solution Features:
- Entire rainproof unit is sealed to defend TV against moisture intrusion and water damage, using our ExactSeal sealing system!
- Thermostatically controlled 36CFM, 115V filtered fan system included
- Protective front panel props open easily for a direct view of TV
- Shatter-resistant front panel to defend the screen
- Dual high strength metal, chambered key lock system to protect your investment
- Windproof back housing manufactured with outdoor plastics that fortifies the TV or display against impact
- Two louvered vents with bug and moisture screens that prevent heat buildup and bug intrusion which could damage the monitor
- Rounded corners for child safety and hazard prevention in institutional environments
- Lightweight and easy to install
- Universal design that works with any standard VESA mount
- The TV Shield is a unique and patented design
- PEC units are MADE IN THE USA
Below We Have a Description of Each Product and Why We Chose it for this Combo Kit:
1. LG 29" LED-LCD TV - 16:9 - HDTV
This model of The TV Shield is designed for 19-29 (and some 30) inch televisions. These weatherproof enclosures provide water, rain and impact protection for your LCD, LED or Plasma displays and televisions.
2. Fan Cooling Package
The recessed fan cooling system is built to continually filter hot air out of the unit pulling fresh cool air in and creating an air pocket between the screen of the TV or display and the clear front panel of the unit. The fan power cord has a built-in thermostatic control which turns the fan on at 88 degrees and off at 78 degrees to ensure that your enclosure stays at the proper temperature.
3. Display Spacer Kit
This Spacer Kit is designed to allow you to set your Display or TV 2" further off the back of The Display Shield enclosure moving it closer to the clear front panel. You get better viewing, cooling and cable clearance in the back with this spacer kit.
Compare the Outside Dimensions of Your TV or Display with Outdoor TV Box Dimensions Below:
Unit Protects 19-29" TV (up to a 30" with prior measuring)
INSIDE Back of enclosure dimensions
These dimensions are for the largest TV you can use in the unit without our TV spacer kit.
Maximum INSIDE dimensions
These dimensions are for the largest TV that will fit into the unit with our TV spacer kit.
WEIGHT: 15 LBS (16 LBs with fan)
*Please measure the outside dimensions of your TV, or the planned TV, and compare to the inside dimensions listed on this page.
- .177 Inch thick, ultra-clear grade shatter resistant Lexan® polycarbonate front shield
- .250 Inch thick HMWPE High Molecular-weight Polyethylene plastic back housing, manufactured with outdoor plastic
- Two openings for cords and wiring with self-sealing grommets
- Two high strength, metal chambered and keyed locks
- Two louvered vents with bug screen (upgradeable for wash down facilities or unique environments)
- Proprietary "prop arm" system (one in each top corner) to keep shield open for a direct view of TV
Protects Displays, Monitors, and TVs from Everything in Any Environment:
- Water (Rain, pool splashes, sprinklers, wash downs)
- Moisture (Condensation, dew, steam, humidity, dampness)
- Dust (Grime build-up)
- Tampering (Burglary, theft, vandalism, attempted destruction of product)
- Pests (Bugs, insects)
- High impact (Storms, branches, baseballs, flying objects)
- Extreme temperatures (Hot and cold)
Other Things You Should Know About The TV Shield Weatherproof Plasma TV Cabinets:
- Please note this enclosure requires a separate external mount for installation
- This protective TV case is not designed to be water-submerged
- Thermostatic fans that click on at 88° and off at 78° are available for all enclosures and included with some models and kits
- Thermostatic heaters are available upon request (turns on at 41° F and turns off at 47°)
- Graffiti like spray paint can be washed off of the screen with special removal spray and dry-erase markers are usable on the front panel
* Protective Enclosures Company, LLC will not be held responsible for orders placed for TVs or Displays over the listed specifications, and although we will accept a return, there will be a 10% restocking fee assessed, as well as the customer will be responsible for actual shipping and return shipping of the unit. If you plan to use an enclosure outside of the recommended and listed specifications, please make sure it will work for you before you order. By purchasing, you acknowledge that you have read and accept these terms and will hold harmless, PEC and all subsidiaries, business partners, and officers.
11 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Great packaging, and broadly speaking, looks like a solid product. I haven't mounted it yet, but will be shortly.
Love the shield and the customer service is terrific!!! We live in New York and the Shield works great in all weather!! Great value...We recommend it without qualification. Thanks so much.
Thanks for A Great Product!
We love it here at Vetta!!! Keeping our customers here for a few more drinks. Thanks for the shout. Have a good day!
TV nice and dry
I have had very good luck with my TV Shield. Keeps the TV nice and dry good investment.
We put this out on our back deck in our restaurant. It’s been a great addition and customers love watching the games, mostly Red Sox.
School Gym Approved!
So far I have been using The TV Shield to house TV’s in a school gym. As we know PE classes are full of students looking to blow off some steam. Well the shield has protected my TV’s from flying basketballs, volleyballs and any other items flying through the air. When I use them during my game for various things…you cannot even tell there is a shield in front of the TV. It looks great!
2nd The TV Shield I have purchased! Great invention!!!! Saves MONEY!
My wife and I have purchased two The TV Shields in the past 2 months. One for a 26 Inch TV that we use on our boat and one for a 42" TV that we use at home-outdoors. That being said, we are very familiar with the product and would like to share our experience. I read the other reviews and cannot understand the one negative review. Did he buy the same The TV Shield that we bought? I work with plastics and am very familiar with plastics manufacturing and this product canNOT be made at home or on a DIY basis, especially for 1/3 of the price as the one reviewer mentioned. If you do try, it will be crude and not have the same features nor look anywhere as nice. That is preposterous actually knowing how much the molds cost and what goes into making just the plastic back. I also know that to purchase just the LEXAN plastic for the front panel at a .25 thickness would cost over $100 US at least, before all the work that goes into cutting, CNC the holes, assembly and all of the components that make it so great and able to open/close, lock etc. So, that being said. We have purchased 2 The TV Shields in two different sizes. The second one was slightly improved and better than the first, it looks like they are improving the product in small ways, although the first one we purchased was great and we thought looked and worked just fine; we did notice subtle improvements. Everyone that has seen it at our house and boat, has liked it. Several of our friends did not even know something like this existed and I am sure will be customers soon. CHEAP compared to the other options on the market, much cheaper than an outdoor TV as other reviewers have mentioned. If you are looking to have a TV outside or to protect a TV, this is definitely the best and most affordable option. More times than not, we are dissapointed with purchases or the customer service we receive (especially when shopping online), when purchasing the tv shield, we have been highly satisfied with both the product, but also the customer service we have received when speaking with the seller over the phone multiple times with questions. Last but not least, they have a website that they sell directly from and has a TON of information on the product, videos of it in action (very helpful for us) and dimensions of the individual sizes etc.
I recently purchase this product because buying an out-door TV was not an option, too expensive. Although a bit pricey, it does the trick, i.e. keep the TV safe from the elements. There is a couple problems though, the poles that are used to prop the front enclosure up can break at the ends because they are made of plastic, so be very careful not to install before you secure the TV inside or they will break. My wife broke mine (both of them) before I even began the installation process. The most difficult part of the set-up is securing the TV inside. If you are not handy you may have a problem. The last thing is if the plastic cover on the front is down (transparent door), the sound will be muffled, they should have installed additional air vents for sound. I leave the front open when watching TV, and close it when I'm not. Also it is a bit difficult to close the thing up because of its flexibility. You have to have patience because it is difficult to close it because of its flexibility, and not to mention locking it. All in all I would recommend it.
Great addition to my deck
Overall product delivered just as expected. Love the product and works just like I expect.if you want your tv protected get it.