Transform Your Outdoor Living Space with a The TV Shield Weatherproof TV Cabinet
Overview Specifications Protects Against Protection Notes
Unit Protects 44-50" TV (most 50")
The TV Shield® is a universal PLASMA, LCD or LED TV enclosure that provides comprehensive water, dust, theft & tamper protection for most residential and commercial TVs and Displays. These weatherproof TV enclosures preserve and protect the TV, and provide an ultra-clear view of the television or flat panel display when closed, and when opened offer a direct view of the TV or display. Weather-resistant, lightweight, durable, secure and affordable, The TV Shield was created by Florida residents and engineered for over two years to withstand hot summers and harsh rain in everything from tropical climates, to harsh cold climates (with heater). The unit is manufactured in the USA using a HMWPE High Molecular-Weight Polyethylene plastic case (an outdoor plastic built to last 20 years or more). The unit also features a guaranteed not to crack, thick, shatter-resistant front panel built out of ultra-clear grade Lexan® polycarbonate (the same material used in bullet proof glass, racecar and spacecraft windshields). The TV Shield is secured with two metal chambered and keyed locks which prevent theft, tampering and vandalism of your television.
The TV Shield is also available paired with a TV in a complete outdoor TV kit. Our customers favor The TV Shield for TV protection over other TV cabinets and expensive outdoor TVs due to its low cost, install friendly design, durability, water-resistance and security. Grab an outdoor TV enclosure today for your patio by the pool, the porch, your balcony, or even your business. PEC enclosures are currently used in over 38,000 locations in 53 countries!
- New internal mounting system provides additional rigidity, reduces installation time and requires no drilling
- Entire rainproof unit is sealed to defend TV against moisture intrusion and water damage, using our ExactSeal sealing system
- Thermostatically controlled 36CFM, 115V filtered fan system included
- Protective front panel props open easily for a direct view of TV
- Shatter-resistant front panel to defend the screen
- Dual high strength metal, chambered key lock system to protect your investment
- Windproof back housing manufactured with outdoor plastics that fortifies the TV or display against impact
- Two louvered vents with bug and moisture screen that prevent heat buildup and bug intrusion which could damage the monitor
- Rounded corners for child safety and hazard prevention in institutional environments
- Lightweight and easy to install
- Universal design that works with any standard VESA mount
- The TV Shield is a unique and patent pending design
- PEC units are MADE IN THE USA
Below we have a description of each product and why we chose it for this combo kit:
1. The TV Shield 44-50"
This model of The TV Shield is designed for 44-50" digital displays and televisions. These weatherproof enclosures provide water, rain and impact protection for your LCD, LED or Plasma displays and televisions. Scroll to the bottom of the page for full a description of The TV Shield.
2. Full Motion Wall Mount
The TV Shield heavy-duty full motion mount is designed for large TVs, flat panel displays, and enclosures from 36" - 65" and up to 145 lbs. With a tilt range of 0 to 12 degrees, you are able to minimize reflection or glare and achieve optimal placement for ease of viewing. This mount has a locking tilt mechanism to keep your display and enclosure at the desired angle. At less than 3" from the wall, this mount is one of the slimmest on the market.
3. Fan Cooling Package
The recessed fan cooling system is built to continually filter hot air out of the unit pulling fresh cool air in and creating an air pocket between the screen of the TV or display and the clear front panel of the unit. The fan power cord has a built-in thermostatic control which turns the fan on at 88 degrees and off at 78 degrees to ensure that your outdoor display case stays at the proper temperature.
4. Moisture Control Gel Case
5. Cleaner & Polish Combo Kit
The TV Shield's & The Display Shield's front panels are made of ultra-clear polycarbonate. We feel that optimal viewing of your TV is going to be very important to you. Very simply this cleaner and polish kit helps keep the screen scratch free, smudge free and optically clear. The cleaner and clearer, the better your viewing experience will be. We highly recommend using this product. Also be sure to not use paper towels ever on your TV screen or The TV Shield screen as they generally are abrasive. Refer to your TV's instructions for optimal cleaning of your TV's screen. Do not use this cleaner or polish on your TV.
Compare the outside dimensions of your TV or display with dimensions below:
Unit Protects 44-50" TV (most 50")
Maximum INSIDE dimensions Width (44.8") Height (27.5") Depth (4.10")
OUTSIDE dimensions Width (49.50") Height (31.35") Depth (6.80")
WEIGHT: 39 LBS
*Please measure the outside dimensions of your TV, or the planned TV, and compare to the inside dimensions listed on this page.
- .220 Inch thick, ultra-clear grade shatter resistant Lexan® polycarbonate front shield
- .250 Inch thick HMWPE High Molecular-weight Polyethylene plastic back housing, manufactured with outdoor plastic
- Two openings for cords and wiring with self-sealing grommets
- Two high strength, metal chambered and keyed locks
- Two louvered vents with bug screen (upgradeable for wash down facilities or unique environments)
- Proprietary "prop arm" system (one in each top corner) to keep shield open for a direct view of TV
Protects Displays, Monitors and TVs from everything in any environment:
- Water (Rain, pool splashes, sprinklers, wash downs)
- Moisture (Condensation, dew, steam, humidity, dampness)
- Dust (Grime build up)
- Tampering (Burglary, theft, vandalism, attempted destruction of product)
- Pests (Bugs, insects)
- High impact (Storms, branches, baseballs, flying objects)
- Extreme temperatures (Hot and cold)
Other things you should know:
- This protective TV case is not designed to be water-submerged
- Thermostatic fans that click on at 88° and off at 78° are available for all enclosures, and included with some models and kits
- Thermostatic heaters are available upon request (turns on at 41° F and turns off at 47°)
* Protective Enclosures Company, LLC will not be held responsible for orders placed for TV's or Displays over the listed specifications, and although we will accept a return, there will be a 10% restocking fee assessed, as well as the customer will be responsible for actual shipping and return shipping of the unit. If you plan to use enclosure outside of the recommended and listed specifications, please make sure it will work for you before you order. By purchasing, you acknowledge that you have read and accept these terms and will hold harmless, PEC and all subsidiaries, business partners and officers.
14 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I’m very happy with your product, and my outdoor TV, which is facing a hottub, it is the envy of the neighborhood. The product works great and has protected my TV perfectly from the elements! Thanks!
The cabinet is easy to install. This was a one day project including power and cable. It’s a great product and has been through several Midwest rain storms with no water issues in the cabinet. I have installed cabinet brands and this one is truly worth the money. I don’t know the owner’s, however had a couple of e-mail conversations and they’re excellent to work with providing first class customer service.
I recently purchase this product because buying an out-door TV was not an option, too expensive. Although a bit pricey, it does the trick, i.e. keep the TV safe from the elements. There is a couple problems though, the poles that are used to prop the front enclosure up can break at the ends because they are made of plastic, so be very careful not to install before you secure the TV inside or they will break. My wife broke mine (both of them) before I even began the installation process. The most difficult part of the set-up is securing the TV inside. If you are not handy you may have a problem. The last thing is if the plastic cover on the front is down (transparent door), the sound will be muffled, they should have installed additional air vents for sound. I leave the front open when watching TV, and close it when I'm not. Also it is a bit difficult to close the thing up because of its flexibility. You have to have patience because it is difficult to close it because of its flexibility, and not to mention locking it. All in all I would recommend it.
I wanted a TV for my husband and I to watch on our deck. I had no idea that outdoor TVs were priced in the thousands. This TV shield was a great alternative. I gave it to my husband for his birthday. He loved it! I bought the package with the fan and mount. The instructions were easy to follow and it was pretty much mistake proof. We needed the fan in hot West Texas. The case came with the fan installed. We have had no problems with it and have even accidentally left it open when it was raining, with no damage to the TV. It is very protective and air tight. We like the look of it. It has kind-of a space age look.
A few things in general. Great packaging, and broadly speaking, looks like a solid product. I haven't mounted it yet, but will be shortly. should come with either (a) a power strip mounted inside the cabinet, But you can easily add one. So far so good though.